Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 2 Running Well

Well here it is ,6:30 in the a.m. and I am thinking to myself" What are you doing "? I am about to embark on a run ( my second of the week !!) and you could be sleeping!! Well after 12 ( or more but who's counting) years away from running or for that matter exercise, I have decieded to get back into shape and to ultimately run this years Long Beach Marathon.It all started this past New Years.I was thinking that I just could not carry on with the way I was living as well as treating my body .After what seems like a few years ago I was probably in the best shape of my life but I hit a rut and just wanted to take a break from everything and now the years have gone by and I am about 60 - 80 pounds overweight and now is the best time than ever to do this thing. I think that I really got motivated by watching that show "Fight Quest"( On Spike T.V.) those guys are really in shape and they get beat up every week for nothing and I thought that if those guy can do it then so can I .Well anyway, to make a long story even longer I have begun to train for the Long Beach Marathon and this will be part of my training.I figure that if I can run and then tell about it maybe it will help motivate me as well as anyone that may read this.So Let's Begin This Adventure......


Began my running yesterday on I guess a bad note-I called into work sick? Not really sick though call it a "mental health day" just needed some time to myself -kind of think things through.Finally got out to run at 12:00 p.m. felt good and ran a course that I picked as it is not that long and not far from my apartment.Basically, it is around the block ( the long way) felt good to feel the pounding of my feet against the pavement and just listening to the IPOD ( Gov't Mule !!) to set the tone.Got back feeling refreshed and ready to take on anything. Just kind of laid around the rest of the afternoon.Played a little guitar ( Played guitar not that I have a "little" guitar) and just hung out.

Awoke this morning and got out of bed at 6:15 ,got out of the door at 6:30 and headed out.Felt good to be out before everyone else getting a huge jump on the day and also contimplating perhaps starting "2 a days" next week. Now I know that some of you may know a little about training and may think to yourself "but this is way too soon".But I really think that I can handle it as well as really benefit from this but that is why I need this blog to really see where my mind is at and to make sure that I do not do anything too foolish.Well-No Pun Intended_ But I have to run ...Got to get ready to do that work thing and I will write again tomorrow Have a great Day :-)

No comments: